Here is a short sampling of things I don't know:
1. The name of the current Prime Minister of Japan, the third largest economy in the world.
2. The names of the components of a chromosome. (I used to know. Now I don't.)
3. Any of the names of the killers put on trial for crimes in Cambodia or Rwanda.
5. The names of Jupiter's moons.
6. The name of most of Obama's cabinet members.
7. The names of the Indian tribes who once lived in my home state of Maryland.
8. The names of the major leaders of Hamas.
You need to know much more than names and dates to understand anything. And there's nothing more annoying than a person who can spit out facts with no ideas behind them. Still, you have to stop and wonder if you really have any right to talk about anything, even in casual conversation, when you really know so little.